The Whiskey Smash Cocktail has been around since the days of Jerry Thomas. However this version is much more recent as it is similar to the Dale Degroff style of making a smash. This Makers Mark Drink is a sure crowd pleaser with great balance. Enjoy.
- 2 oz Makers Mark Bourbon
- 3/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/2 Lemon
- 6-10 Mint Leaves
- Cut a half lemon into wedges and muddle in a mixing glass.
- Add the rest of ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Shake hard for about 30 seconds to cool.
- Double strain into glass with ice.
- Garnish with sprig of mint and slice of lemon.