When you’re sick sometimes a cocktail might come in handy. The old school method was to use some whiskey to do so. I agree with the old school method and I believe it can help you forget all about that darn cold. This version however uses Rum in place of the Whiskey.
Notes on the Ingredients:
The Chai Tea is a nice type of tea that has a variety of good spices in it. It can be very good for you to drink even if you do decide to not add alcohol to it.
A good dark rum is best in this cocktail, but you could easily add a nice spiced rum to it if you’re interested in even more spice in your tea.
Local honey is going to give you the best flavor, but I won’t judge either way.
Chai Tea Hot Toddy
- 2 bags Chai Tea
- 4 to 6 oz Milk
- 1 to 2 oz Honey
- 8 oz Boiling Water
- 4 oz Dark Rum
- Add 2 Chai Tea bags into 8 oz of boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and add in the milk and honey to this mix.
- Warm up to a hot temperature and stir to ensure honey is dissolved.
- Add in the rum and give a final stir.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.