The Spanish Coffee is a popular Portland drink from Hubers. This one is certainly a true modern classic that you should try to warm up in the cold. Just be careful with this one, when you are dealing with alcohol and fire you cannot have too much caution.
- 3/4 oz Bacardi 151 Rum
- 1/4 oz Cointreau
- 2 oz Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- Hot Coffee
- Heavy Cream
This drink is a bit more complicated, but don’t worry. We’ll get through this just fine.
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of a coffee cup and dip it in sugar.
- Add Rum and Cointreau to the sugared rim coffee mug.
- Using a match light the alcohol on fire. Twirl the mug to caramelize the sugar slightly.
- Once sugar is caramelized add in the Coffee Liqueur. Drink should still be flaming.
- Add in the hot coffee, this should extinguish the flame.
- In a shaker tin or a mason jar, add 2-3 oz of Heavy Cream
- Shake for about 20 seconds or until cream stiffens up.
- Pour cream over back of a spoon to float atop the drink.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over the top of the drink.