Drink Video: (Subscribe on YouTube)
The Pina Colada Cocktail is a true Caribbean classic that is from the post prohibition. The comibnation of Rum, Coconut Cream, and Pineapples has led to an infamous following including a catchy song that rose to the top of the Billboard charts in 1979 and became the 11th best selling single of 1980. The Pina Colada is one of the most prominent “tiki style” drinks that you’ll come across.
Cream of Coconut was created by the Puerto Rican Ramón López Irizarry, an Agricultural professor at the University of Puerto Rico. In short, the product Coco Lopez was a mix of sugarcane and coconut cream. It is a very delicious and sweet ingredient.
Pina Colada Cocktail
- 2 oz Aged Rum
- 2 oz Cream of Coconut Like Coco Lopez
- 1 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 8 to 10 Pineapple Chunks
- 1 cup Ice
- Add all of the listed ingredients into a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until it is smooth.
- If too thick add some more pineapple juice. If too thin add some more ice.
- Pour into a Hurricane glass and garnish with a pineapple chunk and cocktail parisol.