Well I have myself a new bottle of Tequila so I figure why not sit down and put together an awesome classic cocktail. Everyone has pretty much tried a Margarita and we have to face the fact that it’s an awesome drink. However I want something with tequila that’s a little on the different side.
That is when I found a recipe for a Paloma drink. This drink is kind of consistent with the Margarita, but it has soda so it comes with a nice refreshing fizz as well. Here’s what is in a Paloma
- 2 oz Tequila (I used a Repasado)
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 6-8 ounces of Squirt Grapefruit Soda
Ok, I put mine in a nice Collins glass so it ends up being around 7 or 8 ounces of soda when it’s all said and done.
- Pour tequila and lime juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain on new ice in your Collins glass.
- Fill with Squirt and stir it together.
Personally I found this recipe to be extremely refreshing. I like the taste combination the Repasado has with the Grapefruit soda and the added fizz is nice as well. I would certainly try this one again.