The Margarita is a popular drink, but damn it has some really messed up recipes. People load it up with Sour Mix and over power it with too much mixers. This drink originally was an awesome cocktail, but many have forgotten the original way to do it. Gather these simple ingredients and get it going:
- 1 1/2 oz 100% Blue Agave Tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 3/4 oz Fresh Lime Juce
- Lime Wheel Garnish
- Salt for Rimming
To start things off I’d like to say the salt rim is optional, but I recommend it. If you’re not sure and want to only salt half the rim that’s cool too. Give yourself some options.
- Rub lime wedge around rim of glass.
- Dip the rim into salt so that the outer edge of the glass is rimmed in salt.
- Put Tequila, Cointreau, and Lime Juice in a mixing glass with ice.
- Shake well and strain into the rimmed glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.