Will this drink turn you into a Wallbanger? Let’s make it and you can give it a try. I’m not responsible for damaged walls though.
Welcome to another An Idiots Liquor and this drink is the Harvey Wallbanger. While we think it was named after a surfer who drank too many of these and ran into walls, we know that it is basically a Screwdriver with a little extra flair.
So here’s what you’ll need. A decent bottle of Vodka, some Galliano, oranges for juicing (if ya use bottled Orange Juice I won’t judge you.) It is worth noting that Fresh OJ will give you an entirely better flavor for sure.
So this one is really easy. We are going to fill the glass with ice, add in 1 ½ oz vodka, fill up with orange juice leaving a little room at the top. I like to stir it at this point. After this we’ll use a spoon to float the Galliano on top. Orange wheel garnish will complete it for you and you’re ready to start banging off of walls.
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka Decent quality, but doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
- 4 oz Fresh Orange Juice I won’t judge if you use bottled OJ.
- 1/2 oz Galliano
- Add ice into a highball glass.
- Add Vodka and Orange Juice to the glass. Leave room at the top.
- Use a spoon to float the Galliano on the top of the drink.
- Garnish with an Orange slice or Maraschino Cherry. (Or both if you are inclined to do so.)