Notes on Ingredients:
Old Tom Gin is used in this. I used Ransom Gin, a nicely crafted Gin that was made in collaboration with cocktail historian David Wondrich. Old Tom is a little sweeter than a London Dry. It is an older style of Gin that was sweetened because inferior distilling processes of the day produced a lower quality product. However with todays equipment and knowledge we can replicate this style with much improved results. It’s truly amazing.
Maraschino Liqueur is a slightly sweet, slightly dry liqueur. I used Luxardo in mine, but there are a few other good choices as well. A little goes a long way in cocktails so don’t over do it.
Casino cocktail recipe
- 1 1/2 oz Old Tom Gin
- 3/4 oz Maraschino Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Dashes Orange Bitters
- 1 Maraschino Cherry
- Add all ingredients except the Cherry into a cocktail shaker tin.
- Shake very well with ice until nice and cold.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with a Luxardo Maraschino Cherry